Tuesday, October 28, 2008

For Love of the Garage - Part 1

Let me set the stage.



The girls love to play in the garage, especially when I am busy working. About a month ago, I was walking toward the kitchen/garage and got a whiff of something, I couldn't quite put the smell together. Then CD came running in from her bedroom to the kitchen where I was. She was complaining that her eyes were burning and that something was in her throat. I immediately recognized the smell. It was Spray N Wash, coming from the garage.



As I opened the door to the garage, the smell was overwhelming. I looked around and saw my laundry baskets scattered around and puddles of moisture on the ground. I then saw the aerosol can of Spray N Wash on the ground. I then realized that the girls (both of them I am sure had a hand in it, together) had emptied an entire, new, can of Spray N Wash and that the fumes from the garage being closed was making them cough and their eyes burn.



Needless to say, they got a scolding and then we had fun washing the entire garage out with water. The smell took a couple of weeks to dissipate. And they still sneak off the play in the garage.

2 comments:

untitled said...

That reminds me of when BB found a can of Off Bug Spray, thought is was good to eat, and sprayed some in her mouth. About .2 secounds later she threw the can on the ground of the car and calmy told EB that her mouth was yucky. We (after EB found out what happened) rushed into a nearby BR and washed out her mouth with water. Note: for details call Sam Burgin at 503-998-2352.

Tabitha's Mama said...

#1. DON'T call Sam Burgin for a good time (J, what are you doing posting my number for???), AND
#2. I wasn't even there when this incident took place!

But I can share with you about a time when AB "drank" some mystery "Pepsi"...